The one hundred and sixty-fifth Ohio State Fair will continue a proud and highly anticipated tradition from July 25 through August 5 at the Ohio Expo Center. This year’s event includes a wide range of food, entertainment, agriculture, livestock and art exhibitions. In addition, highlighted traditions and interactive displays will ensure a fun-filled trip for all ages. Although the attractions of the Fair continue to grow and change, the focus of promoting the best Ohio has to offer, including our agricultural industry, and the spectacular talents of fellow Ohioans, remains the focal point. Check out the 8 things you can only experience at the Ohio State Fair!
Explore what has keeps the Ohio State Fair a time-honored tradition!
- 144-foot long Giant Slide
- Butter cow and calf
- The official Fair mascot, Butters D. Cow
Animals and Competitions
Don’t miss your chance to view all of your favorite farm animals and unique contests!
- Livestock exhibitions include cattle, goats, poultry, sheep, llamas, horses, swine, rabbits and more
- Horticulture and floriculture competitions from giant pumpkins to floral arrangements
- Arts, crafts and fashion
- Cooking and baking masterpieces
- Fine art, homebrew, academic and sporting competitions
- Tattoo, beard and other unique contests
Enjoy a wide-variety of food options with nearly 200 vendors offering everything from classic funnel cakes to more creative delights such as donut burgers.
Here’s a sampling of some of the new foods you can expect at this year’s Ohio State Fair:
- Big Buchanan Sausage with Kimchi – (S & C Concessions, west side of Ag & Hort Bldg.) This unique combination includes a sausage smothered in a special onion, bell pepper and Kimchi sauce. This new Fair food is sure to make your mouth water.
- Campfire Pretzel – (Tracey Company, north end of Bricker MarketPlace Building) – This soft pretzel, baked with sweet buttery dough, is sure to be a must-have snack. Topped with peanut butter, mini roasted marshmallows and chocolate bits, this pretzel curb both salty and sweet cravings. The campfire pretzel is a great addition to one of Tracey Company’s famous Coney dogs or hand-dipped root beer floats.
- Dragon’s Breath (Nitrogen Dessert) (Martin’s Fine Foods, east side of Taste of Ohio Café) – Dragon’s Breath: It’s where here science meets fantasy, giving fairgoers the opportunity to “be the dragon!” Visitors can try nitrogen dragon puffs and enjoy the fun and smiles with friends and family as smoke bellows from their nostrils and mouth. There’s fun in every cup!
- Fried Pies – (Der Dutchman, between the Bricker MarketPlace Building and the WCOL Celeste Center) – This popular dessert features your favorite fruit pie filling in a half-moon shaped pie crust, deep-fried to perfection.
- Gourmet Cold Brew Coffee (Eaton Cookies, West of the Ag & Hort Bldg.) – Eaton Cookies is adding JavaCentral’s gourmet cold brewed coffee to the menu this year. They are featuring signature cold brewed drinks including chocolate chip cookie dough, vanilla cupcake and salted carmel vanilla mocha. Eaton Cookies is also introducing a “bottomless cup” of milk this year, with free refills on day of purchase. They are donating 50 cents to Nationwide Children’s Hospital for every “bottomless cup” sold.
- Philly Donut Burger (Dickerson & Kenna Donut Burger stand, in front of the Taft Coliseum) – Shaved seasoned steak atop a ¼ pound fresh grilled hamburger topped with Monterey Jack cheese, sautéed onions and green peppers, all between two Krispy Kreme donuts. What more could you want?
- Philly Fries – (Dickerson & Kenna Donut Burger stand, in front of the Taft Coliseum) – Your favorite French fries topped with seasoned shaved steak, sautéed onions and green peppers and Monterey Jack cheese. It’s a Philly Cheese Steak served on fries!
- Pork “Butt Fries” -(Dickerson & Kenna Donut Burger stand, in front of the Taft Coliseum) – Crush your cravings by eating French fries topped with smoked pulled pork, cheddar cheese, green onions and jalapeno peppers. You won’t go hungry!
- Siracha Bacon Tots – (The Tot Shop, North of the Ag & Hort Bldg.) – This twist on a classic side dish is sure to excite your taste buds. These tots are lathered with a special Siracha blend sauce that just add the right amount of kick, and are then topped off with bacon to finish off this decadent concoction.
- Stuffed waffles on a stick – (Waffle Chix, south of ShowPlace Pavilion/east side of Taste of Ohio Café) – Waffles alone are great – but these stuffed waffles take it to a new level. Your choice of a sweet or savory treat – including cookie dough, Milky Way bars, Snickers bars, sausage, chicken – is stuffed in the waffle then served fair-style, on a stick. Check them out on Carnival Eats on the Cooking Channel on August 5 and 12.
- Turkey Ribs (Ohio Eggs, Turkey and Chicken Booth, Taste of Ohio Café) Don’t miss Turkey Ribs at the Ohio State Fair! Tender all-white turkey breast is soaked in BBQ sauce and served on the bone. Find them only in the Taste of Ohio Café!
You never know what you might see walking around the Ohio State Fair!
Make the most of your time at the Fair by participating in educational and hands-on exhibits
Natural Resources Park
Escape the summer heat and big city in our own personal oasis, Natural Resources Park:
- Free fishing for kids
- Butterfly House
- Watercraft Simulator
- Smokey Bear
- Daily lumberjack show
- Touch-a-truck event
- Educational shows featuring Ohio wildlife
Save with great deals and more than 300 commercial exhibitors all in one place
- Handmade heritage crafts
- Diverse household products
Discount Deals and Special Days
Enjoy summer fun at the Ohio State Fair on a budget with these savings
- Save up to 40% by purchasing your admission ticket in advance online at Ticketmaster; even if you buy from your phone while you wait in line! You can also head to your nearest Kroger or AAA retail outlet to buy your discount tickets.
- Through July 24 only, save $5 on a Midway ride-all-day wristband voucher online at Ticketmaster, or buy in person at a Kroger or AAA store
- Fourth grade Agriculture is Cool program with FREE admission for exiting fourth grade students (2017-2018 academic year) and a chaperone – just by showing a report card at the gates
- Special Days offering discounted gate admission
Source: The Ohio Expo Center & State Fair
Fairs and Festivals, Featured, Ohio State Fair