Area residents know well that Richland County and all of north central Ohio can feature stunning fall colors as the days shorten and the temperatures cool. It might not seem like it at the moment, but the seasons are going to change sooner versus later.
To help Ohio travelers, friends and families create their own Fallidays, TourismOhio has launched a fall planning hub at Ohio.org/Fallidays.
“Our Fallidays page provides information to locate amazing fall colors and create memorable experiences along haunted trails, wine and ale trails, hiking/biking trails and more,” said Matt MacLaren, director of TourismOhio. “I am also excited to add a new trail – the Buckeye Candy Trail – to our collection of more than 60 Ohio Adventure Trails.”
This year, TourismOhio has added a photo contest at Ohio.org/Fallidays to help capture the essence of Ohio Fallidays. The winner will receive free lodging at one of Ohio’s scenic state parks.
Ohioans and visitors can soak in the aromas and tastes of baked goods and warm drinks made from fresh pumpkin, apples and spices, get their adrenaline pumping on a moonlit roller coaster ride, sample pawpaw-flavored delicacies during a fall food tour or showcase their best high-fashion Halloween costumes, sharing all the magic on their social channels with #FallidaysInOhio and #OhioFindItHere to join in on the fun and be entered to win.
Following are some Ohio.org/Fallidays highlights:
- Haunted Ohio – From Cleveland to Marietta, Ohio has chills that thrill with haunts like the Haunted Mansfield Trail and the Lake Erie Shores & Islands Terror Trail. There are plenty of opportunities to scream together and laugh about it later.
- 100 Things to do in Ohio This Fall – Find your Falliday inspiration with fall festivals and trails, eerie encounters, fall flavors, family fun (including pumpkin picking and corn mazes), outdoor adventures and a bevy of distinctive Ohio experiences.
- Seasonal Events – Discover new traditions and make memories at festivals and events throughout September and October in Ohio. Sample seasonal hometown festivals celebrating everything from popcorn and sauerkraut to bluegrass music and scarecrows!
- Fall Color Report – Created in collaboration with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, visit the site weekly to see where the foliage colors are most vibrant throughout the season. Color reports will begin the last week of September.
- Ohio Buckeye Candy Trail – One of Ohio’s most treasured edible traditions, try these delectable peanut butter and chocolate treats at one (or all) of the 31 shops on the new Ohio Buckeye Candy Trail. Get the downloadable trail map to visit nearby locations.
- Fall Photo Contest – Share your fall photos using #FallidaysInOhio and #OhioFall18 on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for a chance to win a two-night stay in a Great Ohio Lodge at one of Ohio’s beautiful state parks.
- Ale & Spirit Trails – Enjoy a taste of the season as Ohio craft brewers and spirits blenders roll out their seasonal flavors on 19 different trails across the state.
Don’t forget to order a free copy of the new Fall/Winter Ohio Calendar of Events. Check back regularly as more getaway ideas and seasonal blogs will be added to Ohio.org/Fallidays.
For more Fallidays inspiration, like Ohio. Find It Here. on Facebook or follow TourismOhio on Twitter and Instagram and share your experiences using #FallidaysInOhio and #OhioFindItHere.
Fall in North Central Ohio, TourismOhio