We’re all hoping for spring to arrive in time for summer!
One sure sign of the season was the annual opening of Kingwood Center Gardens which took place this past Easter Sunday. On Saturday, Kingwood Hall, the former home of Charles Kelley King built in 1926, will open as well.
For more about the magnificent house, we are re-running our Landmarks of Mansfield:Kingwood post on today’s 1812Blockhouse. That article features a link to original exterior and interior photos.
Kingwood Hall is open on the following schedule:
Guided tours of the mansion are available for $3 on Saturdays and Sundays at 2 PM, while self-guided tours are always free.
This year, the first floor at Kingwood Hall will feature a brand new exhibit honoring the legacy of the Ohio Brass Company. Kingwood’s builder and first owner, Charles Kelley King, was the first engineer of Ohio Brass and eventually became Board Chairman and President.