It won’t be long until orange barrel season arrives in Ohio, a welcome sight for those who enjoy driving on safe and smooth thoroughfares. And, as is usual for the start of spring, the Ohio Department of Transportation’s District 3 office in Ashland has released its list of upcoming projects for the current year.
1812Blockhouse is sharing this information in two installments – today, we look at projects taking place exclusively within Richland County; tomorrow, we will review 2018 district projects that will impact Richland County locations. The county-centric work carries an estimated cost of over $12 million.
In the list below, you will find the following information: Route;Type of work; Location; Estimated start and finish; Estimated cost and contractor; How traffic will be maintained.
- SR 603 — Bridge deck replacement in Plymouth, just north of Mill Street – June 4/August 24 — $456,913.00, Shelly & Sands — 60 day detour
- SR 13 — Minor rehabilitation beginning at the Knox County line and ending at Hillview Street in Bellville – May 1/September 30 — $706,878.35, Kokosing — Traffic maintained by flaggers
- 2018 Bridge Repair –Various locations in Richland County along I-71 – April 1/August 17 — $323, 618.00, Suburban Maintenance & Construction — One lane maintained in each direction at all times. Detour routes onto township/county roads.
- New Salt Yard Buildings – Mix Shed,etc. — Construct a new salt yard on ODOT property at US 30 and IR 71 at Koogle Road – May 1/October 1 — $873,688.00, Unknown — Traffic maintained by flaggers
- US 0042 07.84 — Resurfacing various locations on US 42 in Mansfield, beginning near the Kroger entrance and ending near E. 5th Street – June 1/October 13 — $2,655,002.00, Unknown — Traffic maintained by flaggers
- SR 0545 — Repair bridge over Levi’s Creek just south of Olivesburg – August 1/October 31 — $250,000.00, Unknown — 30 day detour
- SR 0039 — Minor rehabilitation Taylortown Road to Mansfield corporation limit / Crawford County line to SR 314 – June 25/November 30 — $3,633,215.00, Unknown — One lane of traffic will be maintained on SR 39 in each direction. Traffic will be maintained by flaggers on two lane routes.
- SR 0103 / HUR SR 0598 / RIC SR 0013 / RIC SR 0039 / RIC SR 598 — Smooth seal various locations in Huron and Richland Counties – August 1, 2018/August 1, 2019 — $2,829,700.00, Unknown — Traffic will be maintained by flaggers
- SR 0097 — Bridge deck replacement just east of the intersection with Narrow Road – January 1, 2019/December 31, 2019 — $579,000.00, Unknown — 21 day detour
Featured, ODOT, road projects