The timing is terrific – at the same time that some 15 historic venues in Richland County will be open to the public during RichHistory Weekend, the 49th Annual Civil War Show and 25th Annual Artillery Show will be taking place at the Richland County Fairgrounds.
Spread out over seven buildings with an amazing 750 tables of military items and memorabilia to buy, sell, or trade, the show will also include a number of items from the periods of World Wars I and II.
Other show features include:
- 6-Gun Battery Firing Demonstrations
- Sutler’s Row
- Civil War Field Hospital by the Society of Civil War Surgeons
- Period Church Service Sunday Morning with Period String Music
- Abe Lincoln Live Presentations
- Living History Campfire by Brigade of American Revolution, 8th Pennsylvania Regiment
- Period Music by Camp Chase Fife & Drums
- 23rd Annual Civil War Veteran’s Historical Association Encampment
- $100 Door Prize Daily
Live demonstrations on the grounds:
- 6-Gun Battery Firing Demonstration — Saturday 11:30 AM & 2:00 PM; Sunday 11:30 AM & 1:30 PM
- Civil War Hospital Scenario — Saturday 10:30 AM & 3:00 PM; Sunday 10:30 AM & 1:00 PM
- Fife & Drum Corp Presentation — Saturday 9:30 AM, 1:00 PM & 4:00 PM; Sunday 9:30 AM, 11:00 AM & 2:30 PM
- Gettysburg Address — Saturday & Sunday 12:00 noon
- Sunday Church Service — 10:00 AM at the Flag Pole
Admission is just $7 (children under 12 are free, as is parking).
Below is a video of a cannon being fired by Civil War reenactors, a bit of what you can expect this weekend.