The 3rd Annual Christmas Card drive for our troops is underway. AMVETS Post 26 collects Christmas Cards and then sends them to a volunteer organization which distributes them to our troops all over the world. Last year over 7,000 cards were sent and the hope is to increase that number this year.
The following are guidelines for submitted cards:
- Cards must be signed
- No glitter, “3D,” or loose items in envelopes
- Cards must have a return address in the upper left corner
- Do not address cards to anyone person/unit
- All cards must be left unsealed
- Homemade cards are acceptable but must be in an envelope
Cards can be sent to: AMVETS Post 26 c/o Julie Wilcox, 1100 W. 4th St, Mansfield, OH 44907. Cards must be received by November 1 or they will be held until next year. For large quantities of cards, pick up can be arranged if in a near distance of Mansfield.
There is a fee that the AMVETS Post 26 Ladies Auxiliary has when sending cards so if you would like to make a donation you can also send that to the same address above.