Special to 1812Blockhouse
The Ohio District 5 Area Agency on Aging, Inc. is happy to announce the upcoming “Spring into Health” event, dedicated to enriching the lives of older adults in our community. This comprehensive event, scheduled for March 5, 2024, from 1:00 to 3:00 PM, will offer a diverse range of educational sessions and valuable resources to promote healthy aging.
The event will include the following presentation topics:
- Wellness: Certified wellness coaches will share the benefits of evidence-based classes, including Active Living Every Day, Diabetes Empowerment Education Program, Matter of Balance, Stepping On, and Tai Chi. Attendees will learn how to sign up for these free wellness classes. Volunteer coaching opportunities are also available.
- Nutrition: Greg Brandes, Nutritionist, will share how nutritional classes, tailored to older adults, can promote healthy aging, and enhance well-being.
- Solar Eclipse Preparation: Rebecca Owens, Director of the Richland County Emergency Management Agency, will share tips on how to stay informed and prepared for the upcoming solar eclipse, with guidance on safety measures and optimal viewing. This segment of the presentation will be streamed from the Area Agency on Aging to various senior centers within our nine-county service area. To learn more about how your county plans to share this portion of the event, please contact your local senior center. Visit https://www.aaa5ohio.org/resources/senior-centers/ to identify your local senior center.
- Technology: Dennis Fox, Chief Executive Officer of ES Consulting, will share the benefits of embracing and utilizing technology tools, thus empowering older adults to live independent lives.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to explore resource tables from these participating organizations, in addition to 211 and Catholic Charities. Sign-ups will be available for the classes mentioned.
As a special highlight, “Spring into Health” will feature exciting door prizes and giveaways, adding a fun and rewarding element to this educational experience.
This free event is open to individuals aged 60 and older. The programs and classes presented at this event are available on a first come, first served basis for older adults over the age of 60, meeting specific eligibility criteria.
This event emphasizes the Area Agency on Aging’s commitment to fostering healthy aging, empowering older adults with the knowledge and resources they need for a fulfilling and vibrant future.
- Date: Tuesday, March 5, 2024
- Time: 1:00 PM to 3:00 (please, no early birds)
- Location: Area Agency on Aging Hawkins Conference Center in the Magnolia Room, located at 2131 Park Avenue West, Ontario
RSVPs are not required. For more information, please call or visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/aaa5ohio.
Source: Ohio District 5 Area Agency on Aging