By: 1812Blockhouse, Kingwood Center Gardens
Once the busy holiday weekend is over, why not extend it a day and visit Kingwood Center Gardens? The popular attraction is continuing its free first Monday admissions this year, including this Monday, July 6, from 10 AM to 7 PM.
Several safety measures as well as volunteer and guest protocols are in place because of the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as ongoing construction of the Garden Gateway project.
In terms of access to Kingwood, the Trimble Road entrance has again been closed, so entrance will be available at the Linden Road gate. Parking is available on Linden Road and in former business parking lots at the corner of Linden and Park Avenue West.
In terms of what to expect:
• Garden capacity will be limited to prevent overcrowding.
• Kingwood Hall, the Display Greenhouse, Workshop, and Peacock Playhouse will remain closed until historical places are permitted to reopen.
• We are currently unable to have restrooms open since they are located inside historic buildings. Portable restrooms are available for your convenience.
• Hand sanitizer stations have been added.
• Staff interacting with the public will wear face coverings for your protection. We hope you will wear face coverings for our protection.
• Social distancing of 6 feet is requested between your party and other guests.
Additional information, including hours, admission, and what can be seen and from where is available on the Kingwood Center Gardens website.