By 1812Blockhouse; Ohio Department of Transportation
ODOT District 3 has released its weekly report highlighting road construction projects which are beginning or underway in the multi-county area it serves. What follows are posted projects taking place within Ashland, Crawford, and Richland Counties.
Please stay safe and pay attention to these closures and work taking place during the week beginning on September 5.
U.S. Route 30 resurfacing – U.S. 30, from SR 603 to SR 511, will have lane closures in each direction for a resurfacing project. Estimated completion: September 2021
U.S. 30 Reduced Conflict U-Turn – U.S. 30, between Township Road 405 and County Road 175, will have single lane closures for intersection improvements. Construction work will improve the intersection of U.S. 30 and SR 89 by installing a reduced conflict U-turn (RCUT).
- The intersection of SR 89 and U.S. 30 is closed. Motorists will be able to access SR 89 from U.S. 30, both north and southbound.
- Traffic will NOT be able to access U.S. 30 from SR 89. Once completed, motorists will have to utilize the RCUT traffic configuration to access SR 89 north or south from U.S. 30.
- Motorists who are southbound on SR 89 and would like to access U.S. 30 should follow U.S. 250 west to U.S. 42, south on U.S. 42 to SR 60, south on SR 60 to U.S. 30.
- Motorists who are northbound on SR 89 and would like to access U.S. 30 should follow SR 95 south to SR 179, north on SR 179 to SR 60, north on SR 60 to U.S. 30.
- Crews will also be completing pavement markings, signage, and highway lighting.
- A minimum of one 12-foot lane in each direction will be maintained.
Estimated completion: October 2021
U.S. 30 Reduced Conflict U-Turn – U.S. 30, just west of Township Road 1255, will have single lane closures for intersection improvements. Construction work will improve the intersection of U.S. 30 and SR 603 by installing a reduced conflict U-turn (RCUT). The intersection of SR 603 and U.S. 30 will close Tuesday, September 7. Motorists will be able to access SR 603 from U.S. 30, both north and southbound. Crews will also be completing pavement markings, signage, and highway lighting. A minimum of one 12-foot lane in each direction will be maintained using portable concrete barrier. Estimated completion of entire project: August 2022
State Route 60 culvert replacement – State Route 60, between Baseline Road and U.S. 250, is closed for a culvert replacement. The detour route for southbound motorists will be SR 60 to U.S. 224, west on U.S. 224 to U.S. 250, south on U.S. 250 to SR 60, and reverse for northbound motorists. Estimated completion: Tuesday, September 21, 2021
U.S. Route 250 bridge replacement – U.S. 250, between Township Road 1104 and Township Road 1056, will have single lane closures for a bridge replacement project. One lane of traffic will be maintained at all times.
- As part of the project, and due to its close proximity, Township Road 1104 at the intersection of U.S. 250 is closed to traffic. Traffic will be detoured west on Twp. Rd. 1104 to SR 511 south to U.S. 250 west, and reverse. Estimated reopening of the intersection: Friday, November 12, 2021
- Crews will begin setting signal pole foundations that will be utilized to help direct traffic through the project limits.
Estimated completion of entire project: November 2021
State Route 100 bridge repairs – State Route 100, where SR 100 overlaps with SR 103 between Knauss Road and Miller Road, is closed for 75 days for a bridge repair project. The posted detour routes are as follows:
- SR 100 Southbound: SR 100 south to SR 67 south to SR 103 east to SR 231 south to U.S. 30 east to SR 19 north, and back to SR 100 southbound.
- SR 100 Northbound: SR 100 north to SR 19 north to U.S. 224 west to SR 67 south, and back to SR 100 northbound.
- SR 103 Eastbound: SR 103 east to SR 231 south to U.S. 30 east to SR 19 north, and back to SR 103 eastbound.
- SR 103 Westbound: SR 103 west to SR 19 north to U.S. 224 west to SR 67 south, and back to SR 103 westbound.
Estimated completion: Thursday, November 4, 2021
State Route 13 northbound exit ramp closure – The State Route 13 northbound exit ramp to Cook Road is closed for installation of sidewalks and guardrails along Cook Road. The detour route for northbound motorists on SR 13, traveling to Cook Road, will be SR 13 to Straub Road, west on Straub Road to S. Main Street, then north on S. Main Street to Cook Road. Estimated completion: Wednesday, September 15, 2021
U.S. Route 30 major rehabilitation – U.S. 30, from State Route 309 to just east of the 5th Avenue ramps, will have single lane closures for a major rehabilitation project. Traffic will always be maintained.
- A traffic pattern switch is tentatively scheduled for next Wednesday, September 9. This date could be adjusted to the following night, weather permitting. The current eastbound configuration will not be altered during this traffic patter switch. Only westbound will be affected.
- U.S. 30 eastbound – One lane of eastbound traffic will be maintained from just west of SR 309 to SR 13, and two lanes of traffic eastbound form SR 13 to just east of 5th Avenue.
- U.S. 30 westbound – One lane of westbound traffic will be maintained from just east of 5th Avenue to SR 13, and two lanes of traffic westbound from SR 13 to just west of Trimble Road.
- U.S. 30 westbound access to exits at 5th Avenue, SR 13, Trimble Road, and SR 309 are currently being maintained. Access from U.S. 30 westbound to SR 545 and SR 39 will not be permitted (ramps closed).
- Construction of the U.S. 30 westbound lanes and reconstruction of the ramps is tentatively scheduled to be complete September 2021.
- Closure of the U.S. 30 westbound exit and entrance ramps to SR 545.
- Closure of the U.S. 30 westbound exit and entrance ramp to SR 39. The detour route will be U.S. 30 westbound to Trimble Road exit, south on Trimble Road to U.S. 30 eastbound, and U.S. 30 eastbound to the SR 39 exit.
- Closure of the 5th Avenue entrance ramp to U.S. 30 westbound. The detour route will be 5th Avenue to U.S. 30 eastbound, east on U.S. 30 to the Reed Road exit, and north on Reed Road to U.S. 30 westbound.
- Lane widths will be 11’ throughout the length of the project.
- All eastbound exits will be maintained throughout the season, except for the SR 545 exit which has been permanently removed per project plans.
- Eastbound and westbound traffic will be separated by portable concrete barrier throughout the length of the project.
Estimated completion of entire project: May 2023
U.S. Route 30 interchange improvements – U.S. 30 eastbound, at the entrance ramp to I-71 northbound, will have single lane closures for interchange improvements. Crews will be constructing a full-length eastbound deceleration lane at the entrance ramp.
- The U.S. 30 eastbound to I-71 northbound entrance ramp is closed for construction of the deceleration lane extension from U.S. 30 eastbound to I-71 northbound. The detour route from U.S. 30 eastbound to I-71 northbound will be to continue on U.S. 30 to the Koogle Road ramp to I-71 northbound. Estimated reopening of entrance ramp: September 2021
- The I-71 northbound exit ramp to U.S. 30 westbound is closed for construction of the deceleration lane extension on U.S. 30 eastbound. The detour route for motorists coming off of I-71 northbound to U.S. 30 westbound will exit off of I-71 and continue onto U.S. 30 eastbound to the Koogle Road exit and re-enter on the U.S. 30 westbound. Estimated reopening of exit ramp: September 2021
Estimated completion: September 2021
U.S. Route 42 resurfacing – U.S. 42, from Park Avenue East to Indiana Avenue, will have single lane closures for a resurfacing project. Night work began on Tuesday, August 31 and crews will be milling and paving the roadway. Traffic will be maintained by flaggers. Estimated completion: September 2021
State Route 309 resurfacing – State Route 309, from just north of SR 430 to N. Home Road, will have lane closures for a resurfacing project. Traffic will be maintained in 11’ lanes. Estimated completion of entire project: October 2021
State Route 603 culvert replacement – NEW IMPACTS – State Route 603, just south of Franklin Church Road, will close Monday, September 13 for a culvert replacement. The detour route for southbound motorists will be SR 603 to SR 13, south on SR 13 to SR 96, east on SR 96 to SR 603, and reverse for northbound motorists. Estimated completion: Friday, September 17, 2021
Send us your news — of an announcement, event,
club news, fundraiser – whatever! It’s easy to do online.
Become a 1812Blockhouse Newsroom Partner and support
independent media in Richland County. Details here.
Ohio Department of Transportation, road projects