The annual RichHistory Weekend will be taking place on May 4 and 5 across Richland County.
An updated list of participating venues and happenings, including a calendar of events, is accessible on the RichHistory Alliance website (can be read here). This year, the Weekend includes a new Passport to History adventure for students.Visiting four of the included activities will register students for prizes. Information on the Passport to History is available here.
New events this year include, among others:
- A “Hunt for History” at all Mansfield/Richland County Public Library branches
- Clear Fork Gold Rush at Pleasant Hill Lake Park
- Early American Children’s Games hosted by REACH at South Park
- A new Preservation Walk from Oak Hill Cottage
- “A Typical Day’s Activities of Shiloh’s Early Settlers” at the Shiloh Area Historical Society
Among individual venues and event sites preparing for RichHistory Weekend is the Richland Early American Center for History (REACH), which will be holding its general membership meeting on Thursday, April 18 at 5 PM. Non-members national and local history lovers are welcome to stop by and get signed up for membership and participation.
The meeting will take place at the newly rebuilt cabin in South Park, not far from the Blockhouse.
On Wednesday afternoon, 1812Blockouse paid a visit to the new cabin site (photos above).