The Richland Community Development Group (RCDG) has announced seven recipients for their Economic Excellence Awards. The awards will be handed out at the Chamber & RCDG Annual Meeting & Dinner on January 25. The Award recipients are:
- Business Excellence Award – Avita Health System (Given to a business that has experience strong growth, capital investment, product development, and civic involvement).
- Distinguished Performance Award – Rick Taylor (Given to someone who lives the RCDG mission to “improve the economic vitality of Richland County”, has demonstrated leadership, and aided in the growth of the local economy).
- Economic Impact Award – Mansfield Reformatory Preservation Society (Given to a public sector or non-profit entity for their effort in supporting economic development in Richland County).
- Investing in our Future Award – Jeff DeVito (Given to a person or program that has significantly contributed to preparing the workforce of the future.
Additionally, the Richland Young Professionals (RYP) will be handing out two awards to three recipients:
- RYP Entrepreneurial Spirit Award – Courtney Cline (Design by Cline) and Danny L. Brown, Sr. (Brown’s Cuts & Styles) – Given to a local business that either started or reinvented itself in the last 24 months, led/owned by a young professional (21-40 years of age).
- RYP Community Hero Award – Toris Phinnessee, Jr. (Given to an individual, organization or business that is fully committed to serving the community thereby spurring economic growth and development).
In addition to the RCDG Economic Excellence Awards, the Chamber will also be announcing the Athena Award winner and recognizing several other local people.
The dinner will be held at the Kehoe Center in Shelby. A cocktail hour kicks off at 5:30 PM and dinner, which is being catered by Ed Pickens Café on Main, will be served at 6:30 PM. The early bird ticket price of $45 has been extended through Friday, January 19th. Call the Chamber office at 419-522-3211 or visit their website atwww.RichlandAreaChamber.com to make a reservation.
Business Development, Economy, Richland Community Development Group