Students are used to striving for academic targets. Next year, however, they may be interested in targets of a different kind.

If all goes as planned, the Spanish Immersion School will begin a second-semester archery program as part of its physical education class for seventh- and eighth-graders.

“The Ohio Department of Natural Resources would pay 80 percent of the cost and we would provide the remaining 20 percent,” Principal Gabe Costa said.

To help raise its share of the project, the school sold tickets for a drawing for a $250 gift card from Fin Feather Fur Outfitters in Ashland. Recently, Superintendent Brian Garverick was asked to reach into a large glass jar and pull out a winning ticket. The gift card recipient is Bethany Mutchler.

Costa emphasized that the ODNR-approved archery course will be teacher-supervised and will include safety features such as a backdrop behind targets.

Source: Mansfield City Schools

Send us your news — of an announcement, event,
club news, fundraiser – whatever! It’s easy to do online.

Become a 1812Blockhouse Newsroom Member, support independent media in Richland County, and get access to the new Super Richland! Details here.
You May Also Like

Fan Fest Kicks Off Big Weekend At Mid-Ohio

Special to 1812Blockhouse The upcoming ARCA Menards Series Dawn 150 race at Mid-Ohio…

Six OSUM Alums Inducted Into New Hall Of Fame

The Ohio State University at Mansfield has welcomed six inductees who have…

Ohio State Mansfield And Mansfield City Schools Announce Pathway Partnership For African American Students

The Ohio State University at Mansfield Dean/Director Norman Jones was the keynote…

Board Of Education To Consider Contract, Job Descriptions

The Mansfield City Schools Board of Education will consider a facilities assessment…