North Central State College (NCSC) is offering a unique opportunity for those interested in pursuing a career in law enforcement. With a variety of programs and schedules, the Police Academy certificate program is designed to accommodate different needs and preferences. Here’s a detailed look at what the program entails.
The Police Academy certificate program at NCSC allows students to complete a series of coordinated courses in a shorter period of time compared to an associate degree. This program is designed to provide:
- Flexibility: With options for day academies in Fall and Spring semesters, and a part-time night academy, students can choose the schedule that fits them best.
- Comprehensive Education: Criminal Justice Majors are educated in critical thinking, leadership, lifelong learning, and practical skills needed for the workplace.
- Eligibility Requirements: A minimum 2.00-grade point average must be obtained in all required courses to receive a certificate. Certain convictions may disqualify individuals from entering the program.
Students in associate degree programs may also benefit from adding a certificate to their areas of expertise.
Registration for the academy is ongoing, and students must visit NCSC’s Criminal Justice webpage to locate the registration link. The details of the academy include:
- Full-time Academy: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
- Part-time Academy: 24 hours per week, offered on an as-needed basis.
- Physical Examination: Required for all candidates, with multiple PT opportunities given at the Fallerius Building on the main campus.
- State Certification Exam: Students must pass to complete the program.
A new full-time day academy will be available starting February 2024, with two full weekends required for Driving skills and Field Sobriety Testing.
Physical Testing is an essential part of the selection process. The PT assessment and orientation dates are scheduled as follows:
- November 2023: 20th, 21st, and 22nd.
- December 2023: 18th, 19th, and 20th.
- January 2024: 15th, 16th, and 17th.
These sessions will be held at different times, ranging from morning to evening, to accommodate various schedules.
Upon successful completion of the certificate program, students must complete a Certificate Request form in the Student Records Office. The academy prepares students for competent performance in the changing workplace and offers the opportunity for advanced education.
The Police Academy certificate program at NCSC is a stepping stone for those aspiring to make a difference in the field of law enforcement. With comprehensive training, flexible scheduling, and a focus on both theoretical knowledge and practical skills, it’s an opportunity worth exploring for future law enforcement professionals.
For more details and for online registration visit this site.