By 1812Blockhouse; Ohio Department of Transportation
ODOT District 3 has released its weekly report highlighting road construction projects which are beginning or underway in the multi-county area it serves. What follows are posted projects taking place within Ashland, Crawford, and Richland Counties.
Please stay safe and pay attention to these closures and work taking place during the week beginning on April 11.
U.S. Route 30 resurfacing
NEW IMPACTS – U.S. 30, from SR 603 to SR 511, will have lane closures in each direction for a resurfacing project beginning Monday, April 12. Traffic will be maintained in on 11’ lane in each direction using barrels. Estimated completion: August
There are currently no active construction projects or road closures.
State Route 13 pavement repairs – State Route 13, from Hanley Road to Chilton Avenue, will have daily and nightly lane closures for a pavement repair project. The contractor will maintain one 11’ lane of traffic in each direction at all times. Estimated completion: July
U.S. Route 30 major rehabilitation – U.S. 30, from State Route 309 to just east of the 5th Avenue ramps, will have single lane closures for a major rehabilitation project. Traffic will always be maintained.
- U.S. 30 Eastbound Only: The exit and entrance ramps at Trimble Road, SR 39, SR 13, and 5th Avenue will have intermittent/short term closures between 8:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. beginning Tuesday, April 13 until Wednesday, April 14. These intermittent closures are so crews can perform necessary work for the upcoming U.S. 30 traffic shift. No adjacent interchange closures will occur simultaneously.
- Tentative work scheduled the week of April 12: The contractor plans to shift eastbound traffic into its new traffic pattern.
- This will consist of maintaining one lane of traffic eastbound from just west of SR 309 to SR 13, and maintain two lanes of traffic eastbound from SR 13 to just east of 5th Avenue.
- Once traffic is shifted on the eastbound side, the contractor will commence setting portable concrete barrier on the eastbound side (SR 309 to 5th Avenue).
- Tentative work scheduled the week of April 19: The contractor plans to shift westbound traffic in its new traffic pattern.
- The contraflow traffic pattern will begin with the use of crossovers at each end of the project by placing westbound traffic on the median side of the eastbound lanes.
- This will consist of maintaining one lane of traffic westbound from just east of 5th Avenue to SR 13 and two lanes of traffic westbound from SR 13 to just west of Trimble Road.
- When the westbound traffic is shifted into the new traffic pattern, U.S. 30 westbound access to the ramps to 5th Avenue, SR 13, Trimble Road, and SR 309 will be maintained.
- Access from U.S. 30 westbound to SR 545 and SR 39 will NOT be permitted. The ramps will be closed and will not be available until the beginning of September 2021.
- Lane widths will be 11’ throughout the length of the project.
- All eastbound exits will be maintained throughout the season, except for the SR 545 exit which has been permanently removed per project plans.
- Eastbound and westbound traffic will be separated by portable concrete barrier throughout the length of the project.
- Pre-phase work started on April 6 which included closing one lane (inside passing lane) both eastbound and westbound between SR 545 and Trimble Road.
Estimated completion: May 2023
State Route 61 resurfacing – State Route 61, from just south of London West Road to SR 98, will have single lane closures for a smooth-seal resurfacing project. Crews are completing bridge work on the structure between Bistline Road and Shoup Road. Traffic will be maintained by portable traffic signals. Smooth seal work will begin after bridge work is complete. Estimated completion: July
State Route 96 resurfacing – State Route 96, from just west of Technology Parkway to the SR 13/SR 96 junction, will have single lane closures for a smooth-seal resurfacing project. Crews are completing bridge work at the following locations: structure over Bear Run, just east of Plymouth Springmill Road; the two structures between Bowman Street and Richland Run Road; and the two structures between Rome South Road and SR 13/SR 96.cSmooth-seal work will begin after bridge work is complete. Estimated completion: July
Become a 1812Blockhouse Newsroom Partner and support
independent media in Richland County. Details here.
Ohio Department of Transportation, road projects