The Ohio Department of Transportation’s District Three headquarters in Ashland has announced its 2019 Construction Program.
Richland County will be seeing a comparable amount of road work this year as compared to other counties, with a total price tag approaching $34 million for work to be performed solely within the county – with additional work being accomplished as a part of district-wide projects.
The program includes the following in-county projects:
- Bridge repair on SR 545 over Levi’s Creek, just south of Olivesburg – this will involve a 30 day detour
- Minor rehabilitation on I-71 south of the Ashland County line – this will involve single and two lane closures
- Smooth seal on SR 13, 39, and 598 in various locations – no closures; traffic will be maintained by flaggers
- Bridge deck replacement on SR 97 just east of the intersection with Narrow Road – this will involve a 21 day detour
- Minor rehabilitation on SR 97 from the Bellville corporation limit to Ashland County; traffic will be maintained by flaggers
- Minor rehabilitation on US 42 from the Mansfield corporation limit to South Baney Road; traffic will be maintained by flaggers
- Minor rehabilitation on US 30 from Fourth Street to SR 309 – this will involve single lane closures
- Slide repair on SR 603 just west of SR 95 – this will involve a 45 day detour
- Minor rehabilitation on US 42 from just south of Fox Road to the Mansfield corporation limit; traffic will be maintained by flaggers
- Minor rehabilitation on I-71 from the Richland County line to the Mansfield corporation limit – this will involve single and two lane closures
District-wide projects involving Richland County are as follows:
- Pruning, tree/bush removal, crack sealing, guardrail maintenance, signals, bridge repair, lighting, loop detector repair, pavement marking, and raised pavement markings – along varions routes and sections throughout District Three
- Mowing — routes within Ashland, Crawford, Richland, and Wayne Counties
- Culvert replacement in carious locations in Crawford, Lorain, Medina, Richland and Wayne Counties
- Signs along various routes in Ashland, Richland and Wayne Counties
- Chip sealing on SR 98 from US 30 to Dickson Rd; SR 96 from the City of Shelby to SR 13
For more information, including dates of work, cost, and how traffic will be impacted, the complete program guide can be found at this location online.
Photo: Creative Commons License
Featured, Ohio Department of Transportation, road projects