The Richland County Foundation Board of Trustees approved over $400,354 in grants to area nonprofit organizations during its August meeting.
Richland County nonprofit organizations that received grants for projects from unrestricted funds include:
- Richland County school districts to help fund half of the cost of a VEX Robotics kit and curriculum purchased from Integrated Systems Technology to either start a program or build upon an existing STEM program.
- Mansfield Richland Area Educational Foundation to send a group of local people to the South by Southwest Conference in Austin, TX. The group would use information acquired during the conference to coordinate ideas for sustainability and growth of Mansfield’s Central Business District and surrounding areas.
- Matching grants to nonprofit organizations that meet certain criteria while participating in Richland Gives, the day of giving, set for November 28.
The Board of Trustees approved grants from donor advised funds to meet emerging needs at the following organizations:
- Alzheimer’s Association of NW Ohio Chapter
- American Red Cross
- Avow Hospice
- Brown University
- City of Mansfield
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida
- Colorado Rocky Mt. School
- Emma Willard School
- Florida Sheriff’s Association/Youth Ranches
- Friendly House
- Kingwood Center Gardens
- Lucas Community Center
- Mansfield Area Y
- Mansfield Art Center
- Mansfield Memorial Homes
- Neos Dance Theatre
- North Central Ohio Land Conservancy
- Ohio Bird Sanctuary
- Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio
- Plymouth Lutheran Church
- Raemelton Therapeutic Equestrian Center
- Reinhardt University
- Richland Community Development Group
- Richland County Children’s Auxiliary
- Richland Veteran Mentor Program
- Salvation Army
- Youth Haven
Send us your news — of an announcement, event,
club news, fundraiser – whatever! It’s easy to do online.
Become a 1812Blockhouse Newsroom Partner and support
independent media in Richland County. Details here.
Philanthropy, Richland County Foundation