Downtown, History & Tourism
It sits now as it originally did, anchoring Central Park and providing a pleasant oasis of sight and sound.
The Vasbinder Fountain
is certainly a Mansfield landmark of the first order. Dedicated on July 4, 1881, it was removed in the late 1950s during the creation of the then-controversial Park Avenue cut-through, and after storage and a temporary placement at Malabar Farm, it was returned to Central Park in 1979.
As a commemorative plate shares, the fountain was donated by David and Jane Vasbinder. Read More
Landmarks, Landmarks of Mansfield