It’s time this Saturday and Sunday for RichHistory Weekend, the area’s annual celebration of the past and how it connects to Richland County’s present and future. It is brought to you by the RichHistoryAlliance.
Many of your favorite events and attractions are back, such as Downtown Mansfield Inc.’s Secret City Tour and events in South Park and at Oak Hill Cottage. New ones are being added as well, such as walks at Dayspring’s 1889 boiler building.
Founded in 2016, the RichHistory Alliance was created through the partnering of museums and history-related attractions in Richland County to collaborate on the preservation, discovery, and sharing of local history.
Event organizers have added the following information:
- All events have registration or RSVP links and will be meeting public health guidelines in place at the time of the event.
- Walking tours of historic buildings at Dayspring and a landscape tour at Oak Hill Cottage are offered by the Richland County Historical Society.
- Pleasant Hill Park has several outdoor activities including gold panning and kayaking.
- REACH (Richland Early American Center for History) at the Blockhouse in South park, as well as the log home and blacksmith shop, will be open for visitors with RSVP suggested.
- Kingwood Center Gardens is offering free admission with preregistration and special children’s activities.
- All preregistation through the RichHistory website allows for scheduling of repeat events on the fly as original event times fill up.
A schedule of events and registration information are here. 1812Blockhouse will be sharing additional posts this week on individual attractions and tours.
Send us your news — of an announcement, event,
club news, fundraiser – whatever! It’s easy to do online.
Become a 1812Blockhouse Newsroom Partner and support
independent media in Richland County. Details here.
Featured, RichHistory Alliance, RichHistory Weekend, Richland County History