Important dates on the 2019-2020 Mansfield City Schools calendar have now been finalized.
- The first day of classes for students in grades four through 12 will be Thursday, August 22.
- The first day for students in first through third grades will be Monday, August 26.
- Kindergarten will have screening on August 26, 27, 28 and a staggered start on August 29 and 30. All kindergarten students will attend full days starting Tuesday, September 3. More information about the staggered start will be provided later.
- Pre-kindergarten classes will be extended to five days a week in 2019-2020, except for the second Friday of each month. Students will not attend on those seven Fridays to allow teachers to work on evaluating the needs of students for intervention services. Pre-kindergarten classes will begin on August 28.
- The final day of classes for all students will be Monday, June 1.
- Staff professional development/training is scheduled on five dates when students will not be in school. Those dates are August 20, October 18, November 7, December 20 and March 13. Staff work days are scheduled for August 21 and June 2.
- Two additional dates, August 22 and 23, have been scheduled for teachers in kindergarten through third grade to focus on reading and new English-language arts materials.
- Schools will not be in session on October 7 for MSEA day.
- Thanksgiving vacation will be November 27-29.
- Winter break will December 23 through January 3.
- Spring break will be April 10-17.
- Grading periods will end on October 18, December 20, March 13, and June 1.
Mansfield City Schools