There’s some not-so-out there speculation this weekend that the with the arrival of December, some snow may be falling on north central Ohio this week.
How much remains to be experienced.
That shared, it’s sure to put a smile on the faces at Ohio’s premier ski resort, Richland County’s Snow Trails, which is getting ready for its 60th season. A mid-December opening date for skiing and for snow tubing is typical, with the 2019 date being December 13.
According to its website, new features this year at Snow Trails include:
- Alpine Triple Chairlift Unloading Area and Upper Cut Trail – tree clearing expanding by 50% for additional skiable area and improved access to Alpine Cross Trail, along with new LED Tower Lights
- Alpine Terrain Park – tree clearing expanding by 25% for additional skiable area, four tower mounted snow guns for increased snowmaking, new LED Tower Lights
- Mt. Mansfield Triple Chairlift – All New Cross Arms, Sheave Trains, and upgraded electrical systems for smooth rides
- Competition Slope – 20 New LED Tower Lights will illuminate the slope from atop the chairlift, plus upgraded snowmaking waterlines below ground
- West Woods Triple Chairlift – upgraded electrical drive system
- Conveyor Lifts – component replacements, upgraded electrical drives, and new rubber carpet belts on Tubing Park and Beginners Area Conveyors
- Tubing Park – 85 new Adult Tubes and 15 New Kiddie Tubes to replace those well used ones
- Ski Lodge – on-going improvements to include radiant heaters added above Deck, new slope-side windows and full-length window drink ledge in The Snowflake Loft, both Men’s Restrooms remodeled, and second level floors refinished, among other routine beautification
- Snowmaking – upgraded waterlines and routine system maintenance to be ready come showtime!
- Outdoor Seating and Accommodations – increased seating capacity with additional Picnic Tables on the Plaza at base of Mt. Mansfield Slope and recent construction of a Tent in our Parking Lot for additional heated indoor seating this coming season.
Snow Trails has established “Safe Season Plans,” health and safety protocols to ensure safety at all times. Those plans can be found here.
1812Blockhouse will have full details on opening weekend at Snow Trails as soon as that information is available.
Source: Snow Trails
Skiing, Snow Trails, Winter