From the National Weather Service office in Cleveland:
Freezing Rain Expected Tonight through Tuesday Morning…
Low pressure will move northeast into the Ohio Valley tonight. The low will extend a stationary front northeast across southern Ohio tonight and the low will track along this front through Tuesday morning. Warmer air will ride up and over the colder air to the north producing a mix of precipitation including freezing rain.
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 PM EST TUESDAY…
* WHAT…Freezing rain mixed with snow expected. Total snow accumulations of up to two inches and ice accumulations of a light glaze.
* WHERE…Portions of north central and northeast Ohio.
* WHEN…From 7 PM this evening to 1 PM EST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute. Untreated sidewalks will also be slippery from accumulating ice.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…The freezing rain is expected to be light and will gradually end the threat as the low pressure moves northeast of the area Tuesday afternoon.