Work on the massive US30 Rehabilitation Project north of Mansfield continues apace.
The project will address deteriorating pavements and poor bridge conditions on U.S. 30, and it will improve outdated design features to reduce the number and severity of crashes on U.S. 30 and its interchanges.
U.S. 30 was originally constructed beginning in 1956. The road was most recently repaved in 2010 with pavement repairs in 2017, but the concrete base underneath the asphalt has deteriorated and requires ongoing repairs. The original bridges remaining in this section are also nearing the end of their lifespan.
Work currently underway includes:
U.S. Route 30 major rehabilitation – U.S. 30, from State Route 309 to just east of the 5th Avenue ramps, will have single lane closures for a major rehabilitation project. Traffic will always be maintained.
- There will be nightly intermittent lane/ramp closures on U.S. 30 eastbound beginning Wednesday, October 20 in order to place U.S. 30 eastbound back into two lanes prior to winter shutdown. Below is a tentative schedule that is weather permitting and is subject to change.
- Wednesday, October 20: From 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., the SR 13 entrance ramp to U.S. 30 east will be closed. From 12:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m., the 5th Avenue entrance and exit ramps to U.S. 30 east will be closed.
- Thursday, October 21: From 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., crews will be performing any striping that is needed on both ends of the left lanes. From 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., the following ramps will be closed to traffic: A) Trimble Road entrance ramp to U.S. 30; B) U.S. 30 eastbound exit ramp to SR 39; C) SR 39 entrance ramp to U.S. 30 east; D) U.S. 30 eastbound exit ramp to SR 13. During this timeframe, traffic will be able to exit off U.S. 30 at Trimble Road or 5th Avenue and will be able to enter on U.S. 30 at Lexington Springmill Road or at SR 13.
- Friday, October 22: From 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., SR 309 eastbound at the 4th Street exit ramp will be closed. The detour route will be SR 309 east to W. 4th Street exit ramp, turn right onto W. 4th Street to Trimble Road, turn left onto Trimble to U.S. 30 east. From 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., the U.S. 30 eastbound exit ramp to Trimble Road will be closed.
- Longview Avenue east, from SR 13 to SR 545, is closed for 5 days beginning Monday, October 11 for a culvert replacement. Traffic will still have access to the U.S. 30 eastbound entrance/exit ramps from the SR 13 side. Estimated reopening date: Friday, October 15, 2021.
- Westbound traffic is currently in two lanes the entire length of the project.
- All ramps are currently open in both the eastbound and westbound directions, apart from the SR 545 to U.S. 30 westbound entrance ramp.
- One lane of eastbound traffic will be maintained from just west of SR 309 to SR 13, and two lanes of traffic eastbound form SR 13 to just east of 5th Avenue.
- Lane widths will be 11’ throughout the length of the project.
Estimated completion of entire project: May 2023
Source: ODOT; Image by Ulrike Leone from Pixabay
Send us your news — of an announcement, event,
club news, fundraiser – whatever! It’s easy to do online.
Become a 1812Blockhouse Newsroom Partner and support
independent media in Richland County. Details here.
Featured, Ohio Department of Transportation, Road Project