By 1812Blockhouse; ODOT District 3
ODOT District 3 has released its weekly report highlighting road construction projects which are beginning or underway in the multi-county area it serves. What follows are posted projects taking place within Ashland, Crawford, and Richland Counties.
Please stay safe and pay attention to these closures and work taking place during the week beginning on October 31.
U.S. Route 30 resurfacing – U.S. 30, from SR 603 to SR 511, will have lane closures in each direction for a resurfacing project. Estimated completion: November 2021
U.S. 30 Reduced Conflict U-Turn – U.S. 30, just west of Township Road 1255, will have single lane closures for intersection improvements. Construction work will improve the intersection of U.S. 30 and SR 603 by installing a reduced conflict U-turn (RCUT).
- The right lane along U.S. 30 eastbound, from Trout Drive to SR 603, will be closed to traffic. Traffic will be maintained using portable concrete barrier, and traffic will merge to the left lane closure from SR 603 to Township Road 1255 utilizing barrels.
- The left lane along U.S. 30 westbound, from Township Road 1255 to Trout Drive, will be closed to traffic using barrels.
- There will be a reduced work zone speed limit during working hours. Please drive with caution through the zone and pay attention.
- Motorists will be able to access SR 603 from U.S. 30, both north and southbound.
- Crews continue pavement removal, paving, excavation and embankment work, drainage work, erosion control, etc.
- A minimum of one 12-foot lane in each direction will be maintained.
Estimated completion of entire project: August 2022
U.S. Route 250 bridge replacement – U.S. 250, between Township Road 1104 and Township Road 1056, will have single lane closures for a bridge replacement project. One lane of traffic will be maintained at all times.
- As part of the project, and due to its close proximity, Township Road 1104 at the intersection of U.S. 250 is closed to traffic. Traffic will be detoured west on Twp. Rd. 1104 to SR 511 south to U.S. 250 west, and reverse. Estimated reopening of the intersection: Friday, November 12, 2021
Estimated completion of entire project: November 2021
State Route 100 bridge repairs – State Route 100, where SR 100 overlaps with SR 103 between Knauss Road and Miller Road, is closed for 75 days for a bridge repair project. The posted detour routes are as follows:
- SR 100 Southbound: SR 100 south to SR 67 south to SR 103 east to SR 231 south to U.S. 30 east to SR 19 north, and back to SR 100 southbound.
- SR 100 Northbound: SR 100 north to SR 19 north to U.S. 224 west to SR 67 south, and back to SR 100 northbound.
- SR 103 Eastbound: SR 103 east to SR 231 south to U.S. 30 east to SR 19 north, and back to SR 103 eastbound.
- SR 103 Westbound: SR 103 west to SR 19 north to U.S. 224 west to SR 67 south, and back to SR 103 westbound.
Estimated completion: Thursday, November 4, 2021
State Route 598 minor widening – State Route 598 in the city of Galion, from Carter Drive to Brandt Road, will have single lane closures for temporary pavement and drainage work. Traffic will be maintained by temporary traffic signals. Estimated completion: October 2022
U.S. Route 30 major rehabilitation – U.S. 30, from State Route 309 to just east of the 5th Avenue ramps, will have single lane closures for a major rehabilitation project. Traffic will always be maintained.
- There will be nighttime lane closures on U.S. 30 westbound next week from 5th Avenue to SR 39 in order to place U.S. 30 westbound back into its official winter configuration of two lanes throughout the project. This work is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, November 2, 2021.
- After the above night work is complete, eastbound and westbound traffic will both be in two lanes the entire length of the project. All ramps will also be open in both directions apart from the following:
- Access to U.S. 30 eastbound, from Longview Avenue east, will not be permitted for trucks over the winter. Trucks will be required to follow the posted truck detour: Longview Avenue to SR 13 northbound to U.S. 30 westbound to SR 39 southbound to U.S. 30 eastbound.
- The project will have daily lane closures throughout the length of the project in both the eastbound and westbound directions through November 2021 in order to perform various items of work prior to winter shutdown.
Estimated completion of entire project: May 2023
I-71 striping project – I-71, from the Morrow County line to SR 13, will have crews striping the roadway. This is a rolling operation, so traffic will be maintained in all lanes. However, motorists are advised to drive with caution in the area and pay attention when approaching the crews. Estimated completion: November 2021
State Route 309 resurfacing – State Route 309, from just north of SR 430 to N. Home Road, will have lane closures for a resurfacing project. Traffic will be maintained in 11’ lanes. Estimated completion of entire project: November 2021
Send us your news — of an announcement, event,
club news, fundraiser – whatever! It’s easy to do online.
Become a 1812Blockhouse Newsroom Partner and support
independent media in Richland County. Details here.
Ohio Department of Transportation, road projects