By 1812Blockhouse; Ohio Department of Transportation
ODOT District 3 has released its weekly report highlighting road construction projects which are beginning or underway in the multi-county area it serves. What follows are posted projects taking place within Ashland, Crawford, and Richland Counties.
Please stay safe and pay attention to these closures and work taking place during the week beginning on May 9.
U.S. Route 30 resurfacing – U.S. 30, from SR 603 to SR 511, will have lane closures in each direction for a resurfacing project. Traffic will be maintained in 11’ lane in each direction using barrels and reduced work zone speed limits. Estimated completion: August 2021
State Route 302 bridge replacement – State Route 302 over Orange Creek, just east of Township Road 851, is closed for a bridge replacement project. The detour route for westbound motorists will be SR 302 to SR 58, south on SR 58 to SR 511, north on SR 511 to SR 302, and reverse for eastbound motorists. Estimated completion: August 2021
There are currently no active construction projects or road closures that would affect traffic.
State Route 13 pavement repairs – State Route 13, from Hanley Road to Chilton Avenue, will have daily and nightly lane closures for a pavement repair project. The contractor will maintain one 11’ lane of traffic in each direction at all times. Estimated completion: July 2021
U.S. Route 30 major rehabilitation – U.S. 30, from State Route 309 to just east of the 5th Avenue ramps, will have single lane closures for a major rehabilitation project. Traffic will always be maintained.
- U.S. 30 eastbound – One lane of eastbound traffic will be maintained from just west of SR 309 to SR 13, and two lanes of traffic eastbound from SR 13 to just east of 5th Avenue.
- U.S. 30 westbound – One lane of westbound traffic will be maintained from just east of 5th Avenue to SR 13, and two lanes of traffic westbound from SR 13 to just west of Trimble Road.
- U.S. 30 westbound access to exits at 5th Avenue, SR 13, Trimble Road, and SR 309 are currently being maintained. Access from U.S. 30 westbound to SR 545 and SR 39 will not be permitted (ramps closed).
- Construction of the U.S. 30 westbound lanes and reconstruction of the ramps is tentatively scheduled to be complete September 2021.
- Closure of the U.S. 30 westbound exit and entrance ramps to SR 545. The detour route will be U.S. 30 westbound to the SR 13 exit, south on SR 13 to Longview Avenue, and east on Longview Avenue to SR 545.
- Closure of the U.S. 30 westbound exit and entrance ramps to SR 39. The detour route will be U.S. 30 westbound to the Trimble Road exit, south on Trimble Road to U.S. 30 eastbound, and U.S. 30 eastbound to the SR 39 exit.
- Closure of the 5th Avenue entrance ramp to U.S. 30 westbound. The detour route will be 5th Avenue to U.S. 30 eastbound, east on U.S. 30 to the Reed Road exit, and north on Reed Road to U.S. 30 westbound.
- Lane widths will be 11’ throughout the length of the project.
- All eastbound exits will be maintained throughout the season, except for the SR 545 exit which has been permanently removed per project plans.
- Eastbound and westbound traffic will be separated by portable concrete barrier throughout the length of the project.
Estimated completion of entire project: May 2023
State Route 61 resurfacing – State Route 61, from just south of London West Road to SR 98, will have single lane closures for a smooth-seal resurfacing project. Estimated completion: July 2021
State Route 96 resurfacing – State Route 96, from just west of Technology Parkway to the SR 13/SR 96 junction, will have single lane closures for a smooth-seal resurfacing project. Estimated completion: July 2021