By 1812Blockhouse; Ohio Department of Transportation
ODOT District 3 has released its weekly report highlighting road construction projects which are beginning or underway in the multi-county area it serves. What follows are posted projects taking place within Ashland, Crawford, and Richland Counties.
Please stay safe and pay attention to these closures and work taking place during the week beginning on April 25.
U.S. Route 30 resurfacing – U.S. 30, from SR 603 to SR 511, will have lane closures in each direction for a resurfacing project. Traffic will be maintained in 11’ lane in each direction using barrels and reduced work zone speed limits. Estimated completion: August
State Route 302 bridge replacement – NEW IMPACTS – State Route 302 over Orange Creek, just east of Township Road 851, will close Monday, April 26 for a bridge replacement project. The detour route for westbound motorists will be SR 302 to SR 58, south on SR 58 to SR 511, north on SR 511 to SR 302, and reverse for eastbound motorists. Estimated completion: Tuesday, August 24
State Route 61 railroad repairs – NEW IMPACTS – State Route 61, between Monnett-New Winchester Road and W. Railroad Street, will close Monday, April 26 for railroad crossing repairs. The detour route for northbound motorists is SR 61 to SR 288, east on SR 288 to SR 19, north on SR 19 to SR 97, west on SR 97 to SR 61, and reverse for southbound motorists. Estimated completion: Friday, April 30
State Route 13 pavement repairs – State Route 13, from Hanley Road to Chilton Avenue, will have daily and nightly lane closures for a pavement repair project. The contractor will maintain one 11’ lane of traffic in each direction at all times. Estimated completion: July
U.S. Route 30 major rehabilitation – U.S. 30, from State Route 309 to just east of the 5th Avenue ramps, will have single lane closures for a major rehabilitation project. Traffic will always be maintained.
- CHANGE DUE TO WEATHER
- The contraflow traffic pattern will begin with the use of crossovers at each end of the project by placing westbound traffic on the median side of the eastbound lanes.
- This will consist of maintaining one lane of traffic westbound from just east of 5th Avenue to SR 13, and two lanes of traffic westbound from SR 13 to just west of Trimble Road.
- When the westbound traffic is shifted into the new traffic pattern, U.S. 30 westbound access to the ramps to 5th Avenue, SR 13, Trimble Road, and SR 309 will be maintained.
- Access from U.S. 30 westbound to SR 545 and SR 39 will NOT be permitted. The ramps will be closed and will not be available until the beginning of September 2021.
- Closure of the U.S. 30 westbound exit and entrance ramps to SR 545. The detour route will be U.S. 30 westbound to the SR 13 exit, south on SR 13 to Longview Avenue, and east on Longview Avenue to SR 545.
- Closure of the U.S. 30 westbound exit and entrance ramps to SR 39. The detour route will be U.S. 30 westbound to the Trimble Road exit, south on Trimble Road to U.S. 30 eastbound, and U.S. 30 eastbound to the SR 39 exit.
- Closure of the 5th Avenue entrance ramp to U.S. 30 westbound. The detour route will be 5th Avenue to U.S. 30 eastbound, east on U.S. 30 to the Reed Road exit, and north on Reed Road to U.S. 30 westbound.
- Construction of the U.S. 30 westbound lanes and reconstruction of the ramps is tentatively scheduled to be complete September 2021.
- Traffic will be maintained in one lane of traffic eastbound from just west of SR 309 to SR 13, and two lanes of traffic eastbound from SR 13 to just east of 5th Avenue.
- Lane widths will be 11’ throughout the length of the project.
- All eastbound exits will be maintained throughout the season, except for the SR 545 exit which has been permanently removed per project plans.
- Eastbound and westbound traffic will be separated by portable concrete barrier throughout the length of the project.
Estimated completion of entire project: May 2023
State Route 61 resurfacing – State Route 61, from just south of London West Road to SR 98, will have single lane closures for a smooth-seal resurfacing project. Crews are completing bridge work on the structure between Bistline Road and Shoup Road. Traffic will be maintained by portable traffic signals. Smooth seal work will begin after bridge work is complete. Estimated completion: July
State Route 96 resurfacing – State Route 96, from just west of Technology Parkway to the SR 13/SR 96 junction, will have single lane closures for a smooth-seal resurfacing project. Crews are completing bridge work at the following locations: structure over Bear Run, just east of Plymouth Springmill Road; the two structures between Bowman Street and Richland Run Road; and the two structures between Rome South Road and SR 13/SR 96.cSmooth-seal work will begin after bridge work is complete. Estimated completion: July