By 1812Blockhouse; ODOT District 3
This is a weekly report from ODOT District 3 highlighting road construction projects which are beginning or underway in the multi-county area it serves. What follows are posted projects taking place within Ashland, Crawford, and Richland Counties.
Please stay safe and pay attention to these closures and work taking place during the week beginning on April 17. All outlined work is weather permitting.
All the best for safe travels throughout 2022!
U.S. 30 Reduced Conflict U-Turn – U.S. 30, just west of Township Road 1255, will have single lane closures for intersection improvements. Construction work will improve the intersection of U.S. 30 and SR 603 by installing a reduced conflict U-turn (RCUT).
- SR 603, south of U.S. 30 is closed for 45 days to complete project work at the intersection. The detour route for southbound motorists is SR 603 to U.S. 42, south on U.S. 42 to SR 39, east on SR 39 to SR 430, east on SR 430 to SR 603, and reverse for northbound motorists. Estimated completion: Saturday, April 30, 2022
- Excavation work of the U.S. 30 westbound, right outside slope, from Township Road 1255 to SR 603, will be taking place.
- Lighting, drainage, erosion control and other miscellaneous project work continues.
- A minimum of one 12-foot lane in each direction will be maintained.
Estimated completion of entire project: August 2022
State Route 598 minor widening – State Route 598 in the city of Galion, from Carter Drive to Brandt Road, will have single lane closures for temporary pavement and drainage work. Traffic will be maintained by temporary traffic signals.
- Brandt Road, between SR 598 and Galion Leesville Road, will have daily daytime closures Thursday, April 14; Friday, April 15; and Monday, April 18. The closures will be from 7:00 a.m. till 6:00 p.m. daily for storm sewer installation work. Residential access will be maintained. The detour route for westbound motorists will Brandt Road to Galion Leesville Road, south on Galion Leesville Road/Market Street to Harding Way, west on Harding Way to SR 598, north on SR 598 to Brandt Road, and reverse for eastbound motorists.
Estimated completion of entire project: October 2022
State Route 602 culvert replacement – NEW IMPACTS – SR 602, just south of Rutan Road, will close Monday, April 18 for a culvert replacement. The detour route for northbound motorists will be SR 602 to County Road 330 (Old Lincoln Highway), west on Old Lincoln Highway to U.S. 30, west on U.S. 30 to SR 98, northeast on SR 98 to SR 602, and reverse for southbound motorists. Estimated completion: Friday, April 29, 2022
U.S. Route 30 major rehabilitation – U.S. 30, from State Route 309 to just east of the 5th Avenue ramps, will have single lane closures for a major rehabilitation project. Traffic will always be maintained.
- The westbound pattern will consist of maintaining one lane of traffic westbound, from just east of 5th Avenue to SR 13, and two lanes of traffic westbound, from SR 13 to just west of SR 309.
- The eastbound pattern will consist of maintaining one lane of traffic eastbound, from just west of SR 309 to SR 13, and two lanes of traffic eastbound, from SR 13 to just east of 5th Avenue. The traffic along U.S. 30 eastbound will only have access to Trimble Road and SR 13.
- The U.S. 30 eastbound exit ramp to SR 39 is closed. The detour route will be to continue eastbound on U.S. 30 to the SR 13 exit, turn right onto Longview Avenue west to SR 13 north, take the SR 13 entrance ramp to U.S. 30 west, and continue west on U.S. 30 to the exit ramp to SR 39. Estimated reopening: September 2022
- The SR 39 entrance ramp to U.S. 30 eastbound is closed. The detour route will be to continue on SR 39 north to the SR 39 entrance ramp to U.S. 30 west, travel west on U.S. 30 to the Trimble Road exit, turn left on Trimble Road and re-enter onto the Trimble Road entrance ramp to U.S. 30 east. Estimated completion: September 2022
- The U.S. 30 eastbound exit ramp to 5th Avenue is closed. The detour route will be to continue eastbound on U.S. 30 to the Reed Road exit, turn left on Reed Road, travel north on Reed Road to the entrance ramp to U.S. 30 west, travel west on U.S. 30 to the 5th Avenue exit ramp. Estimated completion: September 2022
- The 5th Avenue entrance ramp to U.S. 30 east is closed. The detour route will be to continue north on 5th Avenue to the U.S. 30 westbound entrance ramp, travel on U.S. 30 west to the SR 13 exit, turn left on SR 13 to Longview Avenue, and take the Longview Avenue east entrance ramp to U.S. 30 eastbound. Estimated completion: September 2022
- Both eastbound and westbound traffic will be separated by portable concrete barrier throughout the length of the project. Lane widths will be 11’ throughout the work zone.
Estimated completion of entire project: May 2023
State Route 39 city of Shelby streetscape project – SR 39, SR 96, and SR 61 are a part of the sidewalk installation and streetscape improvements in the city of Shelby.
- SR 61 (Gamble Street), at the SR 39/96 (Main Street) intersection, is closed for 60 days. Crews will be installing sidewalks and crosswalks, completing signal improvements, completing streetscape items and drainage system improvements at the intersection. The detour route for southbound motorists will be SR 61 south to State Street, east on State Street to Broadway Street, south on Broadway Street to SR 39, south on SR 39 to Mickey Road, west on Mickey Road to SR 61, and reverse for northbound motorists. Estimated completion: Friday, June 10, 2022
- SR 39/96 (Main Street) will be reduced to one lane of traffic at the SR 61 intersection and will have two-way traffic maintained by a portable traffic signal during the 60-day closure.
Estimated completion for entire project: June 2022
Send us your news — of an announcement, event,
club news, fundraiser – whatever! It’s easy to do online.
Become a 1812Blockhouse Newsroom Partner and support
independent media in Richland County. Details here.
Ohio Department of Transportation, road projects