Did you miss the Open House held by the Ohio Department of Transportation on August 1 concerning modifications to the US30 project in Mansfield?
A copy of the handout from that meeting is now available online.
The meeting was prompted by a realization that the eastern portion of the project needs to be re-aligned because of environmental concerns and “changing fiscal constraints.”
As detailed in the handout, the new design encompasses the following:
- Replace the US 30 pavement and bridges, constructing a median barrier, widening shoulders, and upgrade the ramp merge from the eastbound SR 13/SR 545 on-ramp to east of Fifth Avenue. The roadway will remain two lanes in each direction.
- Resurface Longview Avenue from SR 13 (N. Main Street) to SR 545 (Olivesburg Road).
- Construct new eastbound SR 13/SR 545 on and off ramps between the existing SR 13 and SR 545 ramps and remove the existing eastbound US 30 on and off ramps at SR 13 and SR 545.
- Resurface the existing pavement on the westbound SR 13 on and off ramp s and replace pavement on the existing westbound SR 545 on and off ramp s. No changes will be made to the existing ramp geometry.
- Increase the clearance under the US 30 bridge over SR 545 and the Fifth Avenue bridges, remove the bridge over the drive from Longview Avenue to the large parcel north of US 30, and complete maintenance on the US 30 bridge over SR 13.
- Provide corridor lighting and replace the right-of-way fence along both sides of US 30.
The handout, available here, includes maps and narrative details of the original proposed alignment and the new version.
Comments are being accepted by the Ohio Department of Transportation through September 3. To do so, email [email protected] , or mail your input by September 3, 2017 to: Ohio Department of Transportation District 3 906 Clark Avenue Ashland, OH 44805 Attention: Donald Rostofer, Planning Section.
Send us your news — of an announcement, event,
club news, fundraiser – whatever! It’s easy to do online.
Become a 1812Blockhouse Newsroom Partner and support
independent media in Richland County. Details here.
Ohio Department of Transportation, Road Project, US30 Project