It is said that “time waits for no man.” Neither does it wait for city governments.
Wasting no time in getting ready for the new year, Mansfield City Council is set to meet this Thursday, January 2 at 7:30 at the Mansfield Municipal Building.
In its opening meeting of 2019, the body will consider a handful of both new and routine measures. Those include the following, among others:
- The second reading of an ordinance amending the Mansfield Codified Ordinances to clarify how the scope of duties of the Safety-Service Director is established
- A second reading for an ordinance authorizing entering into an annual software maintenance agreement
- First readings of measures authorizing payment of a $600 and $4100 claim based on sewer backups at 697 Burns Avenue and 340 Wood Street
- An ordinance moving on the demolition of 177 North Benton Street
- An ordinance putting the ½ percent income tax levy on the May ballot for police and fire department operating costs
City of Mansfield, Mansfield City Council