The Richland County Fair begins today and ends on Saturday, and during that six days a wide range of events, entertainment, rides, shows, and contests will greet visitors to the Fairgrounds. The first Fair took place on October 26, 1849, just the one day, at what is now the intersection of South Main and Lexington Avenue.
- The 27th Annual Antique & Tractor Display, this year showcasing Allis Chalmers Tractors & Equipment
- Special Nature Park afternoon events that will include participation by representatives from Malabar Farm State Park, Richland Soil and Water Conservation District, Gorman Nature Center, the Ohio Bird Sanctuary, and others. A schedule of these events can be found here.
- Music performed each night in the Nature Park. View that schedule here.
- Evening featured events in the grandstand, including:
- Sunday, Monday: Harness racing
- Tuesday: Performance by County Line at 6 PM, and LANCO at 8 PM. LANCO is an American Country band whose name is a shortened version of Lancaster and Company; the lead vocalist is Brandon Lancaster. According to Wikipedia, “The band was founded in 2013. After meeting record producer Jay Joyce at a Keith Urban concert, they signed to his publishing company, and then to Arista Nashville. Through the label, they released their debut four-song EP, titled Extended Play on April 15, 2016. They also released their first single from the album, “Long Live Tonight”, and another one of their songs, “Greatest Love Story”, appears in the Netflix series The Ranch. “Greatest Love Story” reached No. 1 on the Hot Country Songs and Country Airplay charts at the end of 2017.
- Wednesday: KOI drag racing
- Thursday: Rodeo
- Friday: Richland County Pull
- Saturday: Demolition Derby
Admission prices are as follows:
- Children 48″ & under — free
- Sunday — $2.00
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday — $6.00
- Tuesday (Free until 3:00pm, then $6.00) — $6.00
- Membership Ticket (7 admissions) — $25.00
- Season Ticket — $25.00
- Commercial Exhibitor’s Pass (1 day) — $3.00
- Commercial Exhibitor’s Pass (7 admissions) — $ 15.00
- Sr. Citizen’s (62 +) ( Monday, 8am to closing) — $1.00
- Armed Forces Day (Thursday, 8am to closing) — Free /with ID to Veterans and Active Duty all others are $6.00
- Sunday Night & Monday Night / “Harness Racing” — Free
- Tuesday Night / “LANCO” — http://lancomusic.com — Reserved Seating $20.00 & $25.00 — Free gate admission if tickets purchased on-line –Purchase tickets here
- Wednesday Night / “KOI Drag Racing” Free at Grandstand / Pit Pass $5.00 / Pit Pass and Fair Admission $11.00
- Thursday Night / “Rodeo” — $5.00 Grandstand Admission
- Friday Night / “Richland County Pull” — $ 5.00 Grandstand Admission / Pit Pass $11.00
- Saturday Morning / “Draft Horse Pull” — Free
- Saturday Night / “Demolition Derby” — $ 8.00 Grandstand Admission/ Pit Pass $14.00
- *NIGHTLY BOX SEATS: $15.00
- *48″ & UNDER: FREE GRANDSTAND ADMISSION FOR ALL EVENTS
Fairs and Festivals, Family Events, Featured, Richland County Fair