Christmas at Kingwood, the annual celebration of the holidays at Mansfield’s amazing Kingwood Center Gardens, continues through December 30 with displays, lights, music, workshops, and more that will delight the eyes and ears.
Thousands of lights decorate the grounds and walkways leading to the decked halls of a Kingwood Hall decorated by partnering garden clubs and volunteers, to displays of decorated trees and wreaths, and to magical outdoor light displays.
Featured elements of Christmas at Kingwood this year includes:
- The Trail of Lights, with over 200 lighted trees.
- The Tree Walk in the Exhibit Hall and part of the Greenhouse, with 40 trees and wreaths decorated by local businesses.
- The Greenhouse’s special Christmas display and great plant selection including holiday favorites.
- Kingwood Hall with its two story Christmas tree decorated by Kingwood staff, Board, and families; every room on the first and second floors, including the ballroom, library, and dining room given the holiday look by local garden clubs, Kingwood volunteers, and staff.
- Admission is just $5 per person, with children 12 and under admitted at no charge. Kingwood Members receive free admission as well.
There is an emphasis on music now through the end of the year during Christmas at Kingwood, with the following:
- On Tuesday evening (December 18) at 7 PM, enjoy an intimate Christmas performance presented by Mid Ohio Opera, Inc.. Seating is very limited and guests are encouraged to enjoy the two floors of Christmas decorations throughout the evening. Admission is free for this special engagement.
- On Friday evening, December 21 from 6 to 9 PM hear the Mid-Ohio Youth Jazz Orchestra and Shawshank Big Band.
- Other musicians will be playing the Steinway piano in the Drawing Room during the remaining hours of Christmas at Kingwood.
Christmas at Kingwood takes place Thursday through Sunday this week and next between 3 PM and 9 PM. Admission is $5 per person; free for Kingwood members and children 12 and under.
Source: Kingwood Center Gardens
Family Events, Featured, Holidays, Kingwood Center Gardens