By 1812Blockhouse, Avita Health System
With a doubling in reported cases of COVID-19 in the last week here in Richland County, health care providers are taking notice.
While there has not been a corresponding doubling of hospitalizations or deaths related to the pandemic, there is a heightened awareness of the virus and a renewed effort toward reasonable precautions and vaccination.
Avita Health System has released a temporary set of COVID guidelines as a result related to patient visitation, cafeteria and gift shop access, etc.. Those new guidelines include:
- Masking required at all Avita facilities
- Visitor Restrictions:
- Visitors under the age of 18 are not permitted
- Inpatient (Med/Surg & ICU) and Maternity: 2 visitors per day
- Surgery, Medical Offices, and Emergency Department: 2 visitors per day
- Visiting Hours 8:00am – 8:00pm
- Overnight visitation is not permitted
- Limited patient entrances at Bucyrus, Galion, and Ontario Hospitals
- Bucyrus Hospital – Emergency Department entrance is open for patients and visitors The Main Lobby Entrance is open Monday – Friday 8:00am to 8:00pm and Saturday – Sunday 8:00am to 6:30pm.
- Galion Hospital – Emergency Department entrance is open for patients experiencing medical emergencies. Main Lobby Entrance is open Monday – Friday 7:00am to 5:30pm for patients and visitors.
- Ontario Hospital – Main Hospital Entrance is open for emergency patients, visitors, and testing. East Entrance is open Monday – Friday 7:00am to 5:00pm for physician clinic patients only. The West Entrance is open for Avita Heart patients only.
- Screening every patient and visitor that enters the hospital with a questionnaire
- Cafeteria restrictions – Food and nutritional services are available for employees, patients, and patient visitors only.
- The gift shops at Galion and Bucyrus Hospitals are open limited hours. Masking, social distancing, and maximum occupancy limits apply.
- Vendor restrictions – We are only allowing necessary preapproved vendors in our facilities.
Image by sungmin cho from Pixabay
Send us your news — of an announcement, event,
club news, fundraiser – whatever! It’s easy to do online.
Become a 1812Blockhouse Newsroom Partner and support
independent media in Richland County. Details here.
Avita Health System, Coronavirus, Featured