In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Richland County Foundation Board of Trustees has redirected its Unrestricted/Community Fund to meet emerging needs. The Community Fund will provide grants for health and human services on a rolling basis to nonprofit organizations in Richland County.
To support this effort, we encourage donors to contribute to the Community Fund /donate. Any Community Fund gifts received throughout 2020 will be used to assist nonprofits directly impacted by COVID-19.
The Foundation believes that generosity has the power to unite and heal communities in good times and bad. A global threat like COVID-19 affects more than just the infected. It is a time to come together to drive a spike of generosity, citizen engagement, business and philanthropy activation, and support for our community and nonprofits in Richland County.
This week a total of $371,733 was awarded. Of that total $203,386 went to COVID-19 Rapid Response grants funded from the Community Fund and Donor-Advised Funds to the following organizations:
- American Red Cross for general support
- Ashland Community Foundation for its Emergency Fund
- Avita Health Foundation for personal protective equipment and general support
- Bellville Neighborhood Outreach Center for meat in its food pantry
- Catalyst Life Services for personal protective equipment, telehealth and tech support
- Community Foundation of Otsego County for its COVID Fund
- Domestic Violence Shelter for general support
- Grace Episcopal Church for its outdoor food pantry and food
- Mansfield Area Y for general support
- OhioHealth Foundation for lodging for frontline healthcare providers
- Salvation Army for general support
Other grants awarded were for summer internships and programming to the following organizations:
- Catholic Charities
- Children’s Cupboard Inc.
- City of Mansfield Community Development
- Friends of the Gorman Nature Center
- Kingwood Center Gardens
- Little Buckeye Children’s Museum
- Mansfield Area Y
- Mansfield Art Center
- Mary McLeod Bethune Intervening and Enrichment Center
- North End Community Improvement Collaborative
- Ohio Bird Sanctuary
- Renaissance Performing Arts Association
- Richland Academy of the Arts
- Richland Community Development Group
- Salvation Army
Other grants were awarded to the following organizations:
- Mansfield Art Center for its building fund
- Raemelton Therapeutic Equestrian Center for its general fund
- Waleska United Methodist Church for general support
A Career Technical Education scholarship was also awarded. The CTE scholarships are reviewed and awarded on a rolling deadline to better meet the needs of students.
Send us your news — of an announcement, event,
club news, fundraiser – whatever! It’s easy to do online.
Become a 1812Blockhouse Newsroom Partner and support
independent media in Richland County. Details here.
Coronavirus, Grants, Richland County Foundation