The beginning of the new school year brings a new educational opportunity for students in Ontario.
Ontario Online Academy is a new educational program designed to open new opportunities to students in the Ontario Local School District that allows students to complete their education through a fully sponsored virtual school program.
Enrolled students will be provided the opportunity to achieve their academic goals through the support of all education in a virtual learning environment. As students complete their education through this program, they will receive a diploma from Ontario Local Schools. Ontario Online Academy will be offering the best in education virtual learning to students through an interactive and inviting curriculum, and a second-to-none student support system.
Features of the new Ontario Online Academy include:
- Allows students to receive an Ontario High School Diploma
- Open to grades 6-12
- Access to over 300 courses, including Foreign Languages, Career and Technical Education, Electives, Advanced Placement courses, and many others to allow for choice and flexibility for students
- All classes taught by certified teachers in a virtual environment, allowing students to complete coursework 24/7
- Students in Ontario Online Academy can participate in band, choir, FCCLA, sports, and other school activities, even when taking all courses virtually at home
- All resources of the district are provided to students in the same way those resources are provided to high school and middle school students
- A personalized learning and success plan created for each student
- On-site support and tutoring for students when needed
- Chromebook provided to each student
Ontario Schools, Technology