There’s a change in the starting dates for Mansfield City Schools from what we shared recently in an 1812Blockhouse post.
The District has revised its start-of-school schedule by implementing staggered starts for kindergarten and grades seven through 12. “The purpose of these staggered starts is to ensure a positive beginning for the 2019-2020 school year,” said Superintendent Stan Jefferson.
The staggered days will allow:
- Teachers to get to know students in small groups.
- Routines and procedures to be communicated more easily.
- Individual student needs to be assessed.
Here is the revised start schedule. Only the grades listed will be in session on the dates indicated:
- Monday, August 26 – In session: Kindergarten screening by appointment; all buildings grades 1-6; Mansfield Middle School grade 7 and Mansfield Senior High School grade 9; Spanish Immersion grades 1-8.
- Tuesday, August 27 – In session: Kindergarten screening by appointment; all buildings grades 1-6; Mansfield Middle School grade 8 and Mansfield Senior High School grade 10; Spanish Immersion grades 1-8.
- Wednesday, August 28 – In session: All pre-K classes; kindergarten class assignments and parent notification; all buildings grades 1-8; Mansfield Senior High School grades 11 and 12.
- Thursday, August 29 – In session: All pre-K classes; kindergarten Group A only; all buildings grades 1-12.
- Friday, August 30 – In session: All pre-K classes; kindergarten Group B only; all buildings grades 1-12.
- Tuesday, September 3 – In session: All buildings grades pre-K-12.
As a reminder, breakfast and lunches will be free to all students all year. In addition, there are no school fees except for rental of musical instruments.
The link to school supply lists can be found on the district’s web home page, tygerpride.com. For kindergarten and preschool registration information, call 419-525-6400, ext. 56471.
Registration, orientation and open house dates are:
Students at Mansfield Senior High, 419-525-6369, and Mansfield Middle School, 419-525-6307, may register and pick up schedules on August 13, from 12 – 7 PM; August 14 from 12 – 7 PM; August 15 from 9 AM – 3 PM. Bring the following: At least three emergency contact telephone numbers; medical insurance information; doctor’s orders to administer prescription medication during school hours; this form may be picked up at school offices starting August 8.
- Malabar Intermediate School, 419-525-6374 – Grade 4 orientation August 15 at 5:30 PM and Grades 5-6 open house, August 20 at 5:30 PM
- Prospect Elementary 419-525-6313, open house August 22 at 6:30 PM
- Sherman Elementary 419-525-6337, K-3 open house August 28 from 5 – 7 PM
- Spanish Immersion, 419-525-6321, open house August 21 from 5 – 6:30 PM
- Springmill STEM Elementary 419-525-6348, open house August 21 from 5:30 – 7 PM
- Woodland Elementary 419-525-6325, open house August 28 from 5:30 – 7 PM
- Transportation/bus garage 419-525-6303
- District Central Office 419-525-6400
Source: Mansfield City Schools
Mansfield City Schools