Welcome to a new feature here on 1812Blockhouse – the Great Richland Quiz!
How well do you know your own back yard? Every few days, we’ll be asking ten questions related to the county in a particular field. You are encouraged to try your hand at answering questions without the use of Google, your Amazon Echo, etc.. Then, the next day, we’ll be publishing answers to these questions.
If you feel like sharing with us how you did, send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or comment or direct message on Facebook or Twitter.
We’re starting out slowly. Here are ten relatively easy questions about the county in which you live, work, and/or visit that relate to geography.
- How many townships does Richland County have?
- Of those townships, how many share names with surnames of Presidents of the United States?
- How many incorporated cities (not villages) lie wholly or partly within Richland County?
- How many counties in Ohio have a point with higher elevation than the highest point in Richland County?
- Where is that highest point in Richland County?
- Which of these represents the total land area in Richland County?
- 363 square miles
- 498 square miles
- 601 square miles
- The original shape of Richland County included portions of how many current Ohio counties?
- How many river systems are represented in Richland County? What are they?
- How far is it from any border of Richland County to the birthplace of a United States President?
- 20 to 50 miles
- 10 to 20 miles
- 5 to 10 miles
- 1 to 5 miles
- Less than 1 mile
- When Charles Mill Lake is at capacity and holding the maximum flood water that it can, how many Clearfork Reservoirs could be emptied into it?
Featured, Games and Quizzes, The Great Richland Quiz