On Saturday, April 27, the METRICH Enforcement Unit will be partnering with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and local law enforcement to present another Prescription Take Back event for the community.
This event is sponsored by the Mansfield Division of Police, Richland County Sheriff’s Office, Bellville Police Department, Shelby Police Department, Richland County Solid Waste Authority, Richland Public Health, Community Action for Capable Youth (CACY) and the Richland County Mental Health & Recovery Services Board.
Pills will be the only form accepted (no sharps, plastics or liquids.) It will be helpful to put the pills that will be disposed into a plastic bag or Ziplock bag prior to coming to the collection site. This is only for HOUSEHOLD unused or expired medications. No pharmacies, businesses, pharmaceutical sales reps, etc.
Richland County will have four locations for prescription drug drop off:
- Richland County Solid Waste Authority facility located at 1125 National Parkway
- Richland County Sheriff’s Office located at 597 Park Ave East
- Bellville Police Department at 320 Bell St. in Bellville
- Shelby Police Department located at 31 Mack Ave. in Shelby
Each location will be open from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturday April 27. Below are the other METRICH region law enforcement agencies that will also be participating. If there are additional questions related to the take back event, please call Lt. Joseph D. Petrycki at 419-755-9728.
- Ashland County Sheriff’s Office 1205 E. Main St. Ashland
- Bucyrus Police Department 500 S. Sandusky Ave. Bucyrus
- 44820 Carey Police Department 127 N. Vance St. Carey
- Crawford County Sheriff’s Office 3613 Stetzer Rd. Bucyrus
- Danville Police Department 512 S. Market St. Danville
- Findlay Police Department 318 Dorney Plaza Findlay
- Fostoria Police Department 213 S. Main St. Fostoria
- Fredericktown Police Department 182 S. Main St. Fredericktown
- Galion Police Department 269 Portland Way South Galion (Galion Hospital)
- Hancock County Sheriff’s Office 200 W. Crawford St. Findlay
- Marion Police Department/Marion County Sheriff’s Office 233 W. Center St. Marion
- Morrow County Sheriff’s Office 555 West Marion Rd. Mount Gilead
- Monroeville Police Department 9 Monroe Street Monroeville
- Mount Vernon Police Department 11660 Upper Gilchrist Rd. Mount Vernon
- Norwalk Police Department 37 North Linwood Ave. Norwalk
- Seneca County Sheriff’s Office 3040 S. St. Rte. 100 Tiffin
- Tiffin Police Department 51 E. Market St. #4 Tiffin
- Upper Sandusky Police Department 120 N. 7th St. Upper Sandusky
- Willard Police Department 631 S. Myrtle Ave. Willard
- Wyandot County Sheriff’s Office 125 E. Wyandot Ave. Upper Sandusky