The Mansfield-Richland County Public Library (MRCPL) system has so much to offer to area residents (did you know you can rent a blood pressure cuff from the library??), but the first word that most people associated with “library” is still “books”.
We’ve assembled some great book hacks that you can use to make sure you’re getting the most from the local library.
- Inter-System Loan: If you see that a book you want is available within the MRCPL system, but it’s not at your nearby branch, you can request that the library deliver the book to your branch. They’ll let you know once it’s there.
- Inter-Ohio Loan: The library is part of a consortium of Ohio libraries, and thereby has the ability to borrower titles your behalf from other Ohio libraries if it’s not available in the MRCPL system. Look for the SearchOhio or OhioLINK catalogs when you are searching for a particular book.
- Easy Returns: You can return a book to any of the 9 MCRPL system libraries, regardless of which branch you borrowed the book from.
- Book club bundles: The library offers bundles of 5-12 copies of a particular book that can be used by a book club. Just contact the reference desk at (419) 521-3110 to discuss available options, and they will have the books ready to be picked up at the main library or any of the branches.
- E-books: If you’d prefer to read a book on your computer, phone or other device, the library has many e-book titles available for easy download.
Visit mrcpl.org for full information. By the way – September is National Library Card Sign-Up Month. If you don’t yet have a library card, head to the nearest branch of the MRCPL system to join. The library is a wonderful local resource, open to everyone in Richland County.
Books and Plays, Mansfield Richland County Public Library